SOLVED

Importing the same list in Marketo for the 2nd time

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing the same list in Marketo for the 2nd time

Hi guys,

I am looking for a solution on this scenerio;

So we bought a couple of lists from different vendors(at different time) last year and we ran campaigns in Marketo for them. Some of them have been synced into SFDC. So now i have combined these lists into one master list to verify their email address via a BriteVerify.

My main question is... what happens if i import the master list into Marketo again? Will they be created as a new lead or be merged with those that were imported last year? Whats the worst that can happen?

I want to monitor the results of this upcoming new campaign via Marketo so i will not be creating any salesforce campaigns or sync into salesforce.

Thanks!

Ame

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Importing the same list in Marketo for the 2nd time

Hi Amelia,

Marketo wouldn't create duplicate records, it would merge them with those already existing in Marketo. In this discussion you will get all the details you need to understand how it works: List import de-duplication rules

Hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amelia,

Marketo wouldn't create duplicate records, it would merge them with those already existing in Marketo. In this discussion you will get all the details you need to understand how it works: List import de-duplication rules

Hope this helps you!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

However, if you’ve changed any of those email addresses, new records would be created and not deduped against the original lead record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys!