Re: Importing list of contacts to Unsubscribe System Smart List

Oliver_Dawes
Level 1

Importing list of contacts to Unsubscribe System Smart List

Hi,

Is there a way of importing a list of contacts in a csv to the unsubscribe system smart list in a bulk import? when I use the import list into the smart list, it creates a separate list rather than importing the contacts. I'm also want to ask if its possible to add a filter automatically to any new campaign smart lists? e.g. 'Unsubscribe: FALSE'?

Many thanks, Oliver.

2 REPLIES 2
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

You can't import the list into a system smart list.

when I use the import list into the smart list, it creates a separate list rather than importing the contacts

• We can import into a static list (instead of smart list) - and if the contacts are already present in the system, they will just reflect in the static list with the changes you make on them*
  • Static lists just hold the data - you may import people into it, or move people into it. See more.
I'm also want to ask if its possible to add a filter automatically to any new campaign smart lists? e.g. 'Unsubscribe: FALSE'?
  • You can't apply a rule set to a smart list automatically unless you are using Sky. However, if you want to exclude people from the campaign to ensure emails are not sent to Unsubscribed people, Marketo would block them automatically.

Do refer *Durable Unsubscribe, and Operational Emails for more clarity.

Hope this helps! 

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Seems like you have a list of people that you wanted to unsubscribe in Marketo while uploading.

Since it's s system smart list, you can not directly import records there but if you import the record in a static list and then unsubscribe them using smart camping or single flow action, they will be automatically added to the system smart list.