SOLVED

Re: Importing Named Accounts with Multiple Domains

Go to solution
Lindsay_Lamb
Level 2

Importing Named Accounts with Multiple Domains

Hi there! I have a list of named accounts to import, but many of them have multiple domains that employees use.

For example, domain names for one company may be:

• companyname.us
  • companyname.ca
  • companyname.co.uk

All three domains belong to one named account, but I can't find anywhere on the community or in documentation where it explains how to assign more than one domain. 

Has anyone done this? And how?  I'm not sure if I just need to put all the domains into the same cell and separate them with a comma, or if I need to import it a different way, or if it isn't possible and I need separate named accounts for each domain... even though it's all the same company.

If the documentation exists, please feel free to share the link.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lindsay_Lamb
Level 2

I wanted to follow up with our solution to this after working within our Account Based Management module with our Marketo Business Consultant (Allison Crooks​)

I ended up importing a list of Named Accounts, and assigned 1 domain to each of them (I picked the one that appeared to be the main, most commonly used one).

To capture the additional domain variations, we set up a Smart Campaign.

• Within the Smart List, we have a "Person is Created" trigger, along with an "E-mail Address" filter.  For that filter, we list all of the domain variations the e-mail address could contain. 
  • For the Flow, we have "Add to Named Account", and once again list all of the domain variations the e-mail address could contain, and then selected the Named Account from the drop-down menu (make sure to have your named accounts created first so they show up as a choice).

That is just for one organization.  We did this for all of our Named Accounts by adding all of the domains to the Smart List, and adding multiple choices for named Accounts in the Flow.  It was very easy to do (once Allison showed me), and works beautifully when importing large contact lists containing contacts of different organizations and variable domains.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can't say I know, but based on the demos I've seen, I suspect that it will treat them as separate Accounts just like would occur in a regular smart list with

Email Address CONTAINS @xyz.com, @xyz.ca

Perhaps you can post this as an Idea?

Lindsay_Lamb
Level 2

I wanted to follow up with our solution to this after working within our Account Based Management module with our Marketo Business Consultant (Allison Crooks​)

I ended up importing a list of Named Accounts, and assigned 1 domain to each of them (I picked the one that appeared to be the main, most commonly used one).

To capture the additional domain variations, we set up a Smart Campaign.

• Within the Smart List, we have a "Person is Created" trigger, along with an "E-mail Address" filter.  For that filter, we list all of the domain variations the e-mail address could contain. 
  • For the Flow, we have "Add to Named Account", and once again list all of the domain variations the e-mail address could contain, and then selected the Named Account from the drop-down menu (make sure to have your named accounts created first so they show up as a choice).

That is just for one organization.  We did this for all of our Named Accounts by adding all of the domains to the Smart List, and adding multiple choices for named Accounts in the Flow.  It was very easy to do (once Allison showed me), and works beautifully when importing large contact lists containing contacts of different organizations and variable domains.