Re: Import list - Comany name wrong

Jingjing_Lin
Level 1

Import list - Comany name wrong

Hello,

I imported a list in Database and matched the fields in the CSV file and Marketo fields. It is a list of around 200 users, but there are around 20 companies whose company name is wrong, showing the same name of another company, which is not correspond to the csv file; the company name of the rest 180 users is correct.

Could you please help me on this? Is this a bug or something wrong?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anita_Singh8
Level 2

Do you have the Company name blocked from getting updated in your instance? (It would show a squiggly green line when you are doing a list import during the mapping part)

Also, try checking to see the records to see in the activity field if there was a sync with SFDC that would overwrite the company name. 

Seeing that it only affected 20 out of 200 I wouldn't say it would be a bug necesarily. 

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Jingjing,

1) Make sure your CSV does not have dupe email address records. With list import, Marketo de-dupes automatically. 

2) Company Name might be blocked from list import. Temporarily, you can unblock Company Name from Admin > Field Management and re-import the list.

3) If there are other users who are importing the lists where you would NOT want to unblock Company Name then, I'd suggest to goto individual record and update them manually.

4) Assuming if you have CRM access, if records are in sync with your CRM, you can make the updates directly there to individual record. 

5) If in case your list is holding company name values with double byte characters, just be mindful to use TXT list format instead of CSV. 

Thanks!

Priyank

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

5) If in case your list is holding company name values with double byte characters, just be mindful to use TXT list format instead of CSV.

CSV supports non-Latin1 characters just fine.  It's a matter of the internal encoding of the file, not whether it uses commas or tabs.