SOLVED

Import as Contacts

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Import as Contacts

We're a SaaS based company. We pull a list every 2 weeks of users that were added to customer sites and import them to salesforce, currently as leads. We would like to import these on the contact level in order to attach them to the customer account, and we would like to have a flow step of marking the contact as "Closed Won".  I was informed that importing as a contact will create an account- and then you get duplicates. Does anyone have more information on this? Any workflows/ workarounds for this scenario?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Import as Contacts

Please do this via SFDC Import process. Yes, you need to match the Contact to an Account. There are other tools for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please do this via SFDC Import process. Yes, you need to match the Contact to an Account. There are other tools for this.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amanda,

Josh is right. When using SFDC import wizard, you will have a step in which you will be able to specify on which field you can match existing accounts. Not any fields are available there, only account name + site or Account SFDC ID.

So, if you fear that the matching on name + site might not be good, you may want to prepare your file prior to importing, adding the SFDC ID to all existing accounts, in a distinct column in your import file. In order to populate that field, will have to export the SFDC accounts and the IDs from SFDC and reconcile using for instance Excel VLookup.

-Greg

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Thanks for your answers Josh Hill​ and Grégoire Michel​! I have imported through the data uploader for this before. I was trying to adjust the status right after uploading the list to marketo (almost doing two things at once). Thanks again for your help!