Re: Images not rendering in Gmail

Emily_Kendall
Level 2

Well isn't that just like taking your car to the mechanic and not have it make the sound it's been making! 

Yes, one of the net:ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR URLs is the URL of this image. Our IT does have special security on our systems. What's weird is the image loads in Outlook on the same device, which is what typically gives me the most headaches. When I open gmail on other devices the image will load. Just not my laptop. 

I really appreciate your help trouble-shooting this issue, and your patience with me as I am not technical! 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When I open gmail on other devices the image will load. Just not my laptop.

To be clear, you're not only loading your Gmail mailbox but specifically loading it in Chrome (presumably Chrome 70-something) here.

What about in other browsers on other devices (not the Gmail app on other devices, that's a different beast).

Emily_Kendall
Level 2

Gmail mailbox in Chrome v78 giving me an error

Gmail mailbox in Edge on same laptop giving me an error 

Gmail mailbox in Internet Explorer on same laptop giving me an error

SanfordWhiteman

OK, and those same browsers on other machines?

Emily_Kendall
Level 2

Hi Sanford -

I am sorry for the delay. Caught up in getting some other YE projects out the door. Same issue on other machines. I ended up switching the image to a jpeg format from png and that resolved the issue. Our Marketo on-boarding team told us png is the preferred image format and all the other images were pngs, so not sure why jpeg worked. If you can still figure out what happened or have any insights I would greatly appreciate it. You have been so helpful. Happy Holidays!

SanfordWhiteman

Were those machines behind the same firewall?

Emily_Kendall
Level 2

Yes - they were since I was on our network at the office.