SOLVED

If we use different from & reply to address with same domain it hurts email deliverability?

Go to solution
Boorsu_Gangadha
Level 2

If we use different from & reply to address with same domain it hurts email deliverability?

Hi Marketo users, 

I'd like to check with you that I received a request from the partner marketing teams to use two different from & reply-to address on the marketing promotional email, but both are in the same domain. still, does it hurts email deliverability? please advise.

-Ganga

Ganga
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: If we use different from & reply to address with same domain it hurts email deliverability?

I don't think it does. We do that occasionally and we've never experienced an issue. As far as I can tell, this is a legitimate procedure.

One thing to note though: It is not guaranteed that all responses to that email - auto-responses in particular - will go to your defined reply-to-address. Some inboxes send responses back to the from-address. That's one of the reasons it's usually recommended to use the same email address in from- and reply-to. Some bigger response handlers like Siftrock/Drift insist on doing so.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: If we use different from & reply to address with same domain it hurts email deliverability?

I don't think it does. We do that occasionally and we've never experienced an issue. As far as I can tell, this is a legitimate procedure.

One thing to note though: It is not guaranteed that all responses to that email - auto-responses in particular - will go to your defined reply-to-address. Some inboxes send responses back to the from-address. That's one of the reasons it's usually recommended to use the same email address in from- and reply-to. Some bigger response handlers like Siftrock/Drift insist on doing so.