Identifying exactly how many leads were assigned and when

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Identifying exactly how many leads were assigned and when

This is more of a CRM question, but I figured I would post here and see if anyone has had experience with this challenge...

Essentially what I want to do is be able to run a report and say how many leads were handed off to a rep in a given period of time. But here's the rub:
  •   If leads are mistakenly assigned right off the bat, we don't want these to count, but we do want them to count once they are properly assigned, which renders an SFDC lead history report based on "Owner (Assignment)" imperfect
  •   If leads are bulk transferred into a rep's name, then some are removed because it was an accident, those that were moved back shouldn't count... which renders a lead history report based on "Lead Owner" imperfect
  •   If a rep doesn't follow the proper procedures for changing lead statuses, then running a report based on that field's changes is imperfect
  •   If a rep makes a change to a lead that does not belong to them, then that renders a lead history report where I look at all leads altered by a rep imperfect
In the end, I don't know if there's a good answer to this, as there's too many moving pieces and without complete obedience to processes, there's always going to be data falling through the cracks.

I almost need an additional field that is checked when a rep "accepts" a lead, even if in "accepting" the lead, they immediately disqualify it. But again, this is another process that may or may not be followed, unless I set up validation rules.

Has anyone dealt with this challenge?
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Identifying exactly how many leads were assigned and when

Matt,

That is a difficult situation. If you don't trust the data that much at this point, then you should look carefully at your process and the permissions granted to people in the system.

I'd probably look at locking down Leads, then training sales repeatedly.

SFDC is a shifting system so you have to be willing to tolerate a level of error.