Ideas and practices around training and systems with HR

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Ideas and practices around training and systems with HR

Hey,

We are working on putting together this whole training taskforce between sales and marketing - and we have a large company. Do any of you have experience/tips/tricks/thoughts about the following points for a large sales force: SFDC training - who handles that in your company & the process for new hires and fires (notifications?) - adding licenses and revoking and training.

Just wanted to throw that out if yall have any ideas!

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ideas and practices around training and systems with HR

What I've most often seen training done by the sales ops, and the added/revoking of licenses is done by the SFDC Admin.

The best SFDC training that I've seen for Sales was usually done via their peers (ie other sales reps), especially their most successful peers, or sales managers. When successful sales reps talk about their "typical day" and how they use salesforce, other sales people tent to pay attention more than if it's the sales ops person doing the talking. Same is true of sales management.

So in a sense, it seems to work best when it's not categorized as "Salesforce.com Training" (because that sounds incredibly boring) - and instead it's just embedded in the more general "here's how your job works, and how to be successful" training.

So to the extent that you can position SFDC training to be part of a more general "sales training" instead of "admin" - the more successful you'll be.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Ideas and practices around training and systems with HR

Thanks, Grant! Yeah at my last company the sales team trained each other but I wasn't sure if larger companies did this too.

As for the licenses... after the SFDC admin revokes or issues - do they then let the Marketo person know for MSI, etc? We are in desparate need of a system over here.

Kim