Re: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id\n

Anonymous
Not applicable

INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id\n

Has anyone come up against this error when trying to merge records.

We recently resynced with SalesForce causing a lot of duplicate records, when I went to merge I was given this error on every occasion.

INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id\n

If anyone knows how to resolves this please let me know.

Cheers
KC
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi KC,

This usually menas that the Marketo sync user does not have access to something in SFDC or is trying to put an invalid reference value into a lookup field.

Unfortunatelty SFDC are very indescript with their error messages (https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000XkUBAA0).

Have a look through the 2 leads you are trying to merge, do either of them have fields that contain a salesforce ID(other than the standard SFDC ID field on the lead info tab)?

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, Although it's not the exact same error this article may help to find the source:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L6Pd&src=community
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a pair of records and I have looked at two sets now, one to the pair has a SFDC ID labelled old ID could this be the cause of the problem. I will look at the access of the marketo user on the SFDC side. To see if that is the key to this are your referenced articles suggest.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked settings on the SFDC side, I can't find anything. Ideas please.
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

I just had a case like this. It turned out that in the SFDC App Permissions, under "Sales", the "Convert Leads" Permission had to be checked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To merge records I had to disable the sync between SFDC and MKTO and then establish the sync again when done. Ultimately however, this was not the solution. 

The MKTO helpdesk were not able to replicate the issue however it was generally agreed that a group of records had been orphaned. The records did not appear in SFDC but appeared in MKTO.  We were able to identify the orphaned records and after due consideration the only resolution avaliable was to delete the orphan records in MKTO. 

Now once again it is possible to merge records without disabling the sync and the error message no longer appears. 

It took along time to find the issue and resolve this situation, MKTO helpdesk really worked on this issue, so if your reading this helpdesk people, thanks again.

Cheers
KC