SOLVED

Re: IF statement in Marketo forms - send to different URLs

Go to solution
Callum_Pirie
Level 3

IF statement in Marketo forms - send to different URLs

Hi there,

Is it possible to create an IF statement so if someone selects 'Training for myself' in a dropdown field it sends to url-a but if they select corporate training on the same form and you click the same submit button as before it will send you to url-b

unnamed.png

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Use the advanced thank you page settings in the form builder

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Callum_Pirie
Level 3

I saw this URL post - Redirect to new page if user selects certain value in form drop down 

Which is basically what we want however if there is a way to get it so instead it redirecting straight away you have to click Download Now to make that redirection

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Use the advanced thank you page settings in the form builder

pastedImage_0.png

Callum_Pirie
Level 3

im such an idiot.

thank you!

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

You definitely could implement a javascript solution, but for a straight forward use case, it wouldn't be necessary.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Callum Pirie​ remember to give Jay the Correct answer when you get a chance.

Callum_Pirie
Level 3

Hi all,

Just on this further..

Thankyoupage.png

as you can see I already have a bunch of if statements for this the website we have has regionalised pages such as /en-gb/, /en-us/, /en-ca/ etc and we use the one form on multiple pages which then depending on the URL goes to different success/landing pages.

for example if someone goes to this URL - Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing | Study Online | Enrolling Now  it will then push through to success page /download-pddm but using the same form on this page - Msc Masters in Digital & Social Marketing | Enrolling Now  it will go to a success page /download-masters

We want to keep these statements however add your statement that you said aswell. Does anybody know if this is possible.

So ideally i want it to be if you click on Training for myself on URL A. It goes to URL A. download page. however when they select Corporate training in the dropdown I want the download now button for URL A to go to URL B and set these up as goals in GA.

I feel like this is possible but my only worry is the regionalisation urls we have, would I need to create individual forms for each page and then use the parameters you mentioned below?

pastedImage_0.png

or would the url /en-us/, /en-ca/ etc not matter and the same form could load on any page its on and still work how I want it to.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure of your precise question, but if you need multiple conditions to contribute to Thank You URL selection, you can't use only the Form Editor UI builder. You will need some JS as well.

You can still put the first-level decision in the Form Editor to minimize the amount of code, but if you need to also prepend the current language code to the URL, that supplementary logic needs to be in an onSuccess listener.