Re: I want to know is it worth spending on Unbounce when you already have Marketo?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: I want to know is it worth spending on Unbounce when you already have Marketo?

Sure! Takes just a few minutes.

Jacob_Dailey
Level 1

Hi Sanford, would you be able to show me your solution here as well? I think I know what you're referring to, but would like to be sure before sending anything to an unbounce page. 

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, message me to set up a time; I'm available today at 3pm US Eastern exactly, other than that it'd have to be Thursday as I'm away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

I'm the Integrations and API Product Manager at Unbounce and I just wanted to chime in. Sounds like there are 2 topics here:

1. What's the value Unbounce brings if you already have Marketo?

Unbounce is focused on making it easy for marketing teams and agencies to build high-converting landing pages and Convertables (overlays & sticky bars for your website) without needing any development experience. You can be as creative as you want, stay as on-brand as you need to, and A/B test as much as you want to ensure you're always optimizing. We've been focused on solving these specific problems for marketers for years now, so if building landing pages and increasing conversions is a job you need to get done, Unbounce will be worth it, above and beyond Marketo. As a Product Manager though, I understand this message is different coming from actual customers. Check out a few testimonials and more details about our integration which may help!

2. There are challenges with the integration between Unbounce & Marketo.

While I recognize that we haven't built out our native Marketo <>  integration to its fullest potential, I am really curious to better understand how you feel it is broken. If you're open to it, please email me directly at meagan.sobol@unbounce.com. We're currently launching an integration with Zapier to enable 900+ different integrations so that we can start to put our focus into the big ones like Marketo. Your feedback will go a long way.

Thank you!

Meagan

SanfordWhiteman

I am really curious to better understand how you feel it is broken.

Broken because (last I looked) it doesn't associate Munchkin (web tracking) sessions with new leads, as would be the baseline expectation for a Marketo-integrated LP.

As a result, web activities remain anonymous until (if ever) a lead clicks on a Marketo-originated email or other technical action is taken. In contrast, Marketo embedded forms automatically associate leads with web activity (including actions taken before the form fillout and after).

I can tell you how Marketo experts like Veronica and me work around this problem, but it's disheartening that you don't know what we're referring to already.

Also, Unbounce uses the Marketo API to do individual calls in response to end-user activity, and unless there is a cap enforced by Unbounce (I don't believe there is, perhaps that's undocumented) that's a DoS vulnerability. Some instances share as few as 30,000 daily calls across all their integrations, so if they only have 5,000 to give to Unbounce that needs to be something they can be sure of.

IMO moving to Zapier just pushes the problem around because if you proxy a POST via Zapier, you're limited to 30 posts per minute in total, which under high traffic conditions wouldn't be sufficient. (The REST API point-in-time limits are much higher, but the total call limits are much lower.)

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Munchkin was indeed my issue, I had not even thought about the DoS stuff you mentioned.

Ele_de_Vere
Level 2

Hi Stanford, thanks for all this. We're also considering Unbounce, however, learning further about the integration issues, are you available to run me through these and your workaround too?

Thank you

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, I can show you how it's done. Takes only a few minutes, yet (as I say every time) it's still not up on the blog...

Ele_de_Vere
Level 2

Thanks Sanford, would love to connect with you on this. How can I arrange a time?