Re: I'm not receiving test emails

Dominic_Rooke-A
Level 1

I'm not receiving test emails

I send myself test emails via Marketo yet I rarely receive them. It's a hit and miss affair. I send the tests to my work email and to my personal gmail account. Can anyone advise me on how to resolve this issue please?

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

It's possible this is something you will need to have your IT team address as your business may be blocking or quarantining emails sent via Marketo.  Customer Support can check to see if the message was bounced or accepted by your server to confirm exactly what is happening as well as offer whitelisting regex, but you will likely need to also engage with your email administrators for a solution. 

Dominic_Rooke-A
Level 1

Thanks Steve. How do I reach Marketo's customer support to see if the messages have bounced or accepted by our server? 

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

An authorized support contact for your company (likely an admin) can file a Support ticket https://nation.marketo.com/community/support_solutions 

Dominic_Rooke-A
Level 1

OK, I have to find the person within the company who can do this for me.

I've raised a ticket with our IT department too.

Anna_Leary3
Level 3

Hi Dominic - I've also seen if the from email address is not using the correct domain associated with your Marketo instance, this will not send test emails through to you. Make sure to check that! You should only be using the domains set up in the email section of your Admin dashboard.

Dominic_Rooke-A
Level 1

Thanks. I've checked what you said and the domains are correct.