SOLVED

I have a field in Marketo that is a yes/no value. How do I put the yes/no value in a workflow

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a field in Marketo that is a yes/no value. How do I put the yes/no value in a workflow

Hi all,

I have a field in Marketo that I created and I want it to be a yes/no value on my forms. I want to trigger different actions based on if they answer yes or no.

I have a smart campaign that contains the smart list of "data value changes" and my flow with all my actions I want to occur. Where I'm getting stuck, is I want there to be different actions based on if they answer "yes" or "no", namely be put into different lists. But I'm not seeing where I can differentiate that. Does it have to be two separate trigger campaigns - one based on each answer to my question?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

Re: I have a field in Marketo that is a yes/no value. How do I put the yes/no value in a workflow

Hi Jennifer,

Let me preface by apologizing in advance for the "it depends" answer - but... It depends

Depending on what you want to do, you'll be able to differentiate in a flow, or you'll require 2 separate campaigns.

Many of the actions you can take in Marketo allow you to "add choice", so if what you are trying to do is say, send a different version of an email you can use the add choice option

pastedImage_5.png

So you could set up a differentiated flow like this:

pastedImage_2.png

You can also do this sequentially if there's a number of steps you want to take like this:

pastedImage_3.png

You won't be able to have differentiated wait steps, but that may not be an issue.

If you do wish to use this method, it may also help to use the "fills out form" trigger rather than the data value changes trigger since if a new lead is created via a form and the data value is filled in, it won't recognize it as a change (because it didn't technically change).

If you want to do something that doesn't have an add choice - then it'll need to separate campaigns.

Hope this helps

Guy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

Re: I have a field in Marketo that is a yes/no value. How do I put the yes/no value in a workflow

Hi Jennifer,

Let me preface by apologizing in advance for the "it depends" answer - but... It depends

Depending on what you want to do, you'll be able to differentiate in a flow, or you'll require 2 separate campaigns.

Many of the actions you can take in Marketo allow you to "add choice", so if what you are trying to do is say, send a different version of an email you can use the add choice option

pastedImage_5.png

So you could set up a differentiated flow like this:

pastedImage_2.png

You can also do this sequentially if there's a number of steps you want to take like this:

pastedImage_3.png

You won't be able to have differentiated wait steps, but that may not be an issue.

If you do wish to use this method, it may also help to use the "fills out form" trigger rather than the data value changes trigger since if a new lead is created via a form and the data value is filled in, it won't recognize it as a change (because it didn't technically change).

If you want to do something that doesn't have an add choice - then it'll need to separate campaigns.

Hope this helps

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your help!