I have a bunch of unique promo codes in a spreadsheet. Is there any way I can have Marketo assign a unique promo code to a lead and send it to them via email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bunch of unique promo codes in a spreadsheet. Is there any way I can have Marketo assign a unique promo code to a lead and send it to them via email?

All in the title. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: I have a bunch of unique promo codes in a spreadsheet. Is there any way I can have Marketo assign a unique promo code to a lead and send it to them via email?

Hi Jonathan,

You will need a custom field to store the code for each lead This custom field will be usable as a token in the email.

The easiest way to upload the codes: Export your leads, run the assignment in Excel using a random function and vlookup, reimport in Marketo

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a bunch of unique promo codes in a spreadsheet. Is there any way I can have Marketo assign a unique promo code to a lead and send it to them via email?

I think this is how I will go about doing this. But I'm just curious,  would there be any way to accomplish this without creating a custom field?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jonathan,

AFAIK, velocity scripts cannot call any outside web service, so no, there is no other way.

-Greg

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I have previously used the same method Grégoire Michel describes above.

Short of funds for an outside service partner, this will work!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here are other threads for examples

Send Gift Card Unique Codes - Giftbit or similar

Rajesh_Talele13
Level 1

This video shows a working example of how we did it in Marketo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVt9LqVC7no

Hope this helps..

Rajesh