How to write to Custom Objects

Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

How to write to Custom Objects

Does anyone has a source where I could find input on how to write to a custom object?

I know you should have a webhook, but since I am not that technical I would like to have a guide to build the complete flow.

My case is simple, I want to have a custom object that keeps track of course subscriptions.

I want to store the name of the course, the date, the title, and afterwards the presence of that person in that course.

Franky Ruysschaert
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to write to Custom Objects

My case is simple, I want to have a custom object that keeps track of course subscriptions.

Don't assume anything is simple with COs. ðŸ˜‰

Have you read Understanding Marketo Custom Objects​ in the docs?

Does anyone has a source where I could find input on how to write to a custom object?

I know you should have a webhook, but since I am not that technical I would like to have a guide to build the complete flow.

A webhook isn't necessary but a REST API client app is one of the 2 ways to update COs.  And a Marketo webhook can call a service that in turn acts as a client app.  Apps can also be standalone Java, JS, PHP, Ruby, whatever apps or even compiled Windows or Mac executables!

The other way to update COs is via a List Import in the Marketo UI. This seems to be a better choice for you.  A developer must be enlisted to write connected apps, this is not something to muddle through.