Re: How to approach segmentation and targeting if there are various stages of engagement and different levels of product offerings based on account demographics?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use velocity scripting?

1. How to use velocity scripting?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to approach segmentation and targeting if there are various stages of engagement and different levels of product offerings based on account demographics?

Sanford Whiteman I read a lot of your posts to understand velocity scripting but not very clear about it.

​I have multiple segmentation - 1) industry type 2) type of products 3) engagement level- stage in revenue cycle model

​I would like to send emails based on these 3 segmentations.

​For example, 1. segment - medical industry , 2. type of product - Thermometer, 3. engagement level - MQL

​How to use 3 segments of 3 different segmentation ??? how to use velocity in this case?

​Thanks a lot!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Do you need to send based on these Segmentations -- that is, qualify people for an email send based on their membership in multiple segmentations?

Or do you need to personalize based on these Segmentations?

Velocity is for personalizing email content once someone has been selected to receive an email, that is, you can send to an unfiltered list and then change copy based on their characteristics.  But you can't filter in/filter out at the outer Smart List level using Velocity.

If you want to qualify someone based on segmentations, you just use multiple Segmentation Filters:

pastedImage_0.png

Which of these things are you trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to personalize based on these segmentation.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I need to personalize based on these segmentation.

OK, then you'll simply select the lead property that is supplied for each Segment in Email Script Editor:

pastedImage_3.png

Then perform your multidimensional personalization based on those values, for a simple example:

#if(

$lead.Segmentation_Product_Type_1006 == "Thermometer" &&

( $lead.Segmentation_Industry_1005 == "Medical" || $lead.Segmentation_Industry_1005 == "Culinary" )

)

#if( $lead.Segmentation_Engagement_Level_1007 == "MQL" )

Deals for you, marketing-qualified thermometer lover!

#elseif( $lead.Segmentation_Engagement_Level_1007 == "SQL" )

Deals for you, sales-qualified thermometer lover!

#end

#end

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford for your prompt help!