SOLVED

How to trigger campaign to affect old leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to trigger campaign to affect old leads

I created about a dozen campaigns that do various things, such as track who has clicked on an e-mail. visited a website, etc. I ran the campaign but there are 0 members, even though there are definitely leads who have completed these activities.

Do I have to change the qualifications to once every hour? because right now it is at Run each lead through the campaign flow: only once
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How to trigger campaign to affect old leads

A batch campaign will only use filters to determine who will be impacted, and when you go to schedule it shouldn't say Activate, you will choose to "Run Once".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Isabela,
If the leads you are trying to affect have already run through this campaign, you will need to change the qualification rules so that they can run through it again.

You can make this as loose as "Each lead can run through the flow everytime" or as strict as "Each lead can run through the flow every month".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that worked. And when I choose "everytime" it doesn't keep adding on to its original score right?

For example:

Adam has a score of 5, I run him through the program, and it adds another 5 points just because I ran him through the program. 

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind, I thought it worked but it still says that there are 0 campaign members.

Are there any steps I can take to ensure i did everything properly?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Isabela, a triggered campaign when activated will capture anyone who does the activity in the future while the campaign is active. If you're looking to capture people who have done something in the past, you will need to use a batch campaign, which means that you only use filters to find people who have done the activities.

To capture both people who have done something in the past, and those who do it in the future, it will need to be two separate campaigns -- a batch campaign, and a triggered campaign. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i create a batch campaign? i only see triggered
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

A batch campaign will only use filters to determine who will be impacted, and when you go to schedule it shouldn't say Activate, you will choose to "Run Once".
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i attempted to create a batch campaign, by only using filters in the smart list and not choosing anything in flow. the status still says triggered (inactive)
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i now realize that in my smart list, i was using trigger options, not filter options