How to trigger based on change of "Lead Owner"

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How to trigger based on change of "Lead Owner"

When an MQL has been synced to CRM, a real-time alert gets sent to a country marketing manager.  He/she will often need to re-assign this to a regional marketing manager.  Therefore, I need to trigger off of this change in lead assignment to re-send the alert to the new lead owner.  But I'm not finding any of the Marketo fields (lead owner first, lead owner last, lead owner email, etc.) as an option in the "Data Value Changes" trigger.  How can I accomplish this?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to trigger based on change of "Lead Owner"

Hi Dan,
is there a reason why you don't use "Owner Changes"? As far as is know that works for Salesforce, don't know if it works for Dynamics.

Best regards

Steffen

Josh_Hill13

Shouldn't the CRM notify the new owner when this happens? You can do this in SFDC with a checkbox that's already there.

Of course, you can go with what Steffen said.
Dan_Stevens_

I do not see a trigger for "owner changes".  And as for CRM notifying the new owner, we're using Marketo alerts for this (so that they get information around the MQL) - not sure what you mean by "CRM notifying the new owner when this happens".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, did you ever find a solution for this? 

It appears that changes in data values pertaining to the lead owner are not available to use as triggers. 
Dan_Stevens_

Not within Marketo.  We had to create a custom workflow in MS Dynamics.  Essentially, temporarily populating a new "reassigned" boolean value to TRUE for Marketo to trigger off of.  Once the re-assigned alert goes out, the "reassigined" value gets reset to FALSE.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I suspected as much.

Too bad they don't expose more of the lead owner object for use in triggers/filters/tokens. I would love to be able to filter based on the owner profile or use custom owner fields like LinkedIn URL as tokens in email signatures etc. 

I know there's ways around it all but, but it's unfortunate to build and maintain extra overhead for something that could be done quite simply.