How to track the program that caused a lead to hit your scoring threshold (MQL)?

Terry_Burgess1
Level 1

How to track the program that caused a lead to hit your scoring threshold (MQL)?

Hello, I am trying to set up tracking so that I can see the program that caused a record to reach a scoring threshold. In our system that threshold is 100 points. I have already built the filed to store the info in and have tried the tokens {{trigger.Name}} and {{program.Name}} to collect this data. The issue is we use global forms and global listing campaigns to trigger scoring programs. So, when I used {{trigger.Name}} it returned the "Lead Score" as the value. When I use the token {{program.Name}} it returned the global scoring program "02 Lifecycle" which is where all the global scoring campaign lives. I want the actual program that cause the score change, i.e. the ebook form fill program that causes the score change.

Notes:

We use global forms

We use global scoring campaign triggered off form fill (global), visits pages, open emails, clicks, and program status changes.

We do not use request campaign to trigger a scoring campaign.

Thanks for any help here.

1 REPLY 1
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Re: How to track the program that caused a lead to hit your scoring threshold (MQL)?

Hi Terry -

I typically create a field called: Last Interesting Moment Prior to MQL

Then in your campaign that changes Lead/Contact status to MQL in response to the scoring threshold, add this flow step prior to changing the status to MQL:

Change Data Value->Last Interesting Moment Prior to MQL->{{lead.Last Interesting Moment Desc}}

Of course, this depends upon having Interesting Moments campaigns running that track with the events that cause lead scoring changes.

Denise