Re: How to track replies to emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to track replies to emails?

We send emails that elicit a response from a prospect that entices them to have a demonstration of our product. We then manually mark those replies as MQLs. Right now I have a trigger campaign that listens for the update to MQL, but in conjunction, the lead "was sent email" within the last 2 days. I have to keep a timeframe on it, as if I leave it open, a lead could become an MQL months down the line from a different email and would trigger that campaign. However, by putting a timeframe on, if someone replies in a week, it would not be counted for this particular email, or could be counted for 2 emails if we sent 2 emails in a week.

I'm wondering how you all track conversions from emails that do not have a form, and instead are based on a human reply?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you search "track replies" in the Community you'll see 3rd-party product suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Thanks! I don't have budget to purchase a third-party software for this, and I think Marketo needs to have something out-of-the-box that would track reply conversions.

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks! I don't have budget to purchase a third-party software for this, and I think Marketo needs to have something...

Someday, maybe, but now 3rd-party is the only way to go.

SanfordWhiteman

Also just realized this is in the wrong space. "About" isn't a support space. Please move to Products (though really the search is all you need.