SOLVED

Re: How to take out Skype links?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to take out Skype links?

It seems Skype's software now automatically creates embedded links to any phone number.  How do I delete this function with my email templates, programs, etc.?  My contact phone number is automatically converted to a Skype number and can ultimately create two phone numbers with my automated emails.

Thanks,
Kay
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kay,

I have figured out the solution to the problem.

If you are using Mozilla firefox to design your Marketo email page, you have to disable the SKYPE plugin to prevent it from automatically appending the skype codes on to your Marketo emails. It worked.

0EM50000000RaLA.jpg

regards,
Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marketo Community,

I have the same issue. I have edited the HTML codes and yet no matter how many times I save after removing the skype codes, Marketo automatically appends these annoying codes back in.

The reason why I would like to remove it is because when I view a Marketo email sent on a yahoo email client/account, the skype phone number comes up twice.

Appreciate if anyone can share tips on how to switch this off.

regards,
Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kay,

I have figured out the solution to the problem.

If you are using Mozilla firefox to design your Marketo email page, you have to disable the SKYPE plugin to prevent it from automatically appending the skype codes on to your Marketo emails. It worked.

0EM50000000RaLA.jpg

regards,
Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Paul!  I found that plugin yesterday and removing it solved all my problems as well. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This just saved me - thank you Paul!