SOLVED

Re: How to sync a new marketo field with Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to sync a new marketo field with Salesforce

[NOT SOLVED YET!]
Hi there!

I recently created a new marketo field that describes the product edition a person is interested in. This field does not yet exist in Salesforce. How can I start syncing this field to Salesforce so I can use it in sales reports?

Thanks!
Eric
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Eric--for some reason I was under the impression that you could re-map fields in Marketo, but I tried to test it just now and I couldn't figure out how, either. I think the best thing to do is to either open a support ticket, or hide the field you created in Marketo, create a new field in SFDC, and then let it automatically sync down into Marketo.

Sorry, I know that's probably not the news you were hoping for 😞

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The recommended approach is to create the field in SFDC and pull it down as part of the sync.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L53sCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric, I believe you will have to have your SalesForce admin create the field in SalesForce. You will also need to make sure that Marketo sync profile in SalesForce has permission to read/write to that new field. Then you can set the field mapping in admin settings in Marketo.

Usually when we need a new field created that should be visible in both SalesForce and Marketo, we create it in SalesForce first. When the field is created in SalesForce, and you give the Marketo sync profile in SalesForce permission to see it, it should automatically sync down to your Marketo instance. It's just a little cleaner that way and prevents duplicate fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the quick response! I'm our Salesforce admin as well, so i can create the new field in Salesforce. How do I set the field mapping in Marketo?

I've been to the field mapping page in admin, but I can't figure out how to map the new Marketo field to the new Salesforce field. 

Thanks!
Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I list this as unsolved? I should not have clicked the "best answer" button. Would really appreciate some additional help here!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Eric--for some reason I was under the impression that you could re-map fields in Marketo, but I tried to test it just now and I couldn't figure out how, either. I think the best thing to do is to either open a support ticket, or hide the field you created in Marketo, create a new field in SFDC, and then let it automatically sync down into Marketo.

Sorry, I know that's probably not the news you were hoping for 😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kate - Ok I'll just make a new field from SFDC and sync it to Marketo. Thanks again for your help!