SOLVED

How to stop sending emails when Mytokens in that email doesn't have a value.

Go to solution
Chintandoshi25
Level 2

How to stop sending emails when Mytokens in that email doesn't have a value.

Hello,

We have a Mytoken added in the email content which pulls the Meeting details(Date and Time) of an appointment. We have faced scenarios where the sometimes Mytoken doesn't pull any value and sends out the email blank(with empty space of Mytoken value).

Is there any way we can stop the email when Mytoken used in that email doesn't have a value?

So If Mytoken has value ---> Need to send the email

If empty value ---> No need to send the email to that record.

Can anyone please help ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to stop sending emails when Mytokens in that email doesn't have a value.

I suppose with "Mytoken" you are referring to a script token, right? And if that script wouldn't produce an outcome, you want to not send the email? - That's not possible.

It actually is possible, if not formally supported.

But I think we're getting ahead of ourselves because the code should be fixed first.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: How to stop sending emails when Mytokens in that email doesn't have a value.

I suppose with "Mytoken" you are referring to a script token, right? And if that script wouldn't produce an outcome, you want to not send the email? - That's not possible.

But that script token would rely on some data points, wouldn't it? So you should rather look at your email sending Smart List and add a filter to only send if meeting date/time - or whatever that data point exactly is - are not empty.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It actually is possible, if not formally supported.

But I think we're getting ahead of ourselves because the code should be fixed first.