SOLVED

Re: How to stop lead from being reassigned upon 2nd form submission?

Go to solution
Mahurrinah_Sims
Level 2

How to stop lead from being reassigned upon 2nd form submission?

Hello,

I have two forms that have two forms :

1. Demo Request
  2. Customer Service Request

Those forms have their own smart campaign which assigns the leads to two different queues.

In some cases a lead will fill out both forms. How can I make sure the lead isn't reassigned after the 2nd form submission?

-Mahu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's what I thought. OK that does complicate theings because if a lead belongs to a Salesforce lead queue it will be in Salesforce but there will no value in the Sales Owner field, it will always be empty, so that rules that out. However, SFDC Type will exist. Check against SFDC type on form fillout. If SFDC Type = Lead then they already exist in Salesforce (and the combination of SFDC Type = Lead and Sales Owner is Empty will identify them as being in a lead queue specifically) - if that is true don't sync to second queue.

But Jim was right above, lots of particular ways to pull this one off.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

There are many ways you can do this.  The logic is to exclude/suppress one record from that specific flow (if you want that person to go through the other flows).  If you do not want them to go through any of the flows, then exclude/suppress them from the campaign altogether.

Here's one example.  If you want to exclude someone from triggering the assignment campaign for Demo Request IF they already filled out the form for Customer Service Request, you can add a smart list OR flow choice that states ---- if person "Not Filled Out Form" Customer Service Request, let them through.

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Another easy option is to add a filter to the smart campaign that does your lead routing in Marketo to only allow records with "Sales Owner = NULL" to run through your campaign.

Routing Campaign Triggered

Filter: If Sales Owner is Empty, execute flow.

Veronica_Holme4

I have a quick question... when you talk about adding to queues above, are you referring to Salesforce lead queues? Or another type of queue you're creating within Marketo?

Mahurrinah_Sims
Level 2

Correct - Salesforce lead queues

Veronica_Holme4

That's what I thought. OK that does complicate theings because if a lead belongs to a Salesforce lead queue it will be in Salesforce but there will no value in the Sales Owner field, it will always be empty, so that rules that out. However, SFDC Type will exist. Check against SFDC type on form fillout. If SFDC Type = Lead then they already exist in Salesforce (and the combination of SFDC Type = Lead and Sales Owner is Empty will identify them as being in a lead queue specifically) - if that is true don't sync to second queue.

But Jim was right above, lots of particular ways to pull this one off.