How to stop SPAM web forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to stop SPAM web forms

Hi,

I have a web form on my landing page for conference registrations. I am getting a lot of SPAM registrants with phony names, email addresses. I don't know if it's a robot or not, but what are some things I can do on the backend to prevent this? Web form settings? Capta?

Your help is appreciated.

Kathy

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to stop SPAM web forms

Have you searched the Community?  We discuss this a lot.  Search for "recaptcha" and/or my username.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes I was reading an exchange you were participating in. I'm new to marketo and am a marketer, not schooled in developer activities. I saw the CSS code for captcha to add it to the marketo form- i just don't know where to paste it. As for the webhook, i'm out of my league there. Trying to follow the model here Create a Webhook - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

But I'm stuck on what to put in the fields that are specific to my company's case. I don't want to break anything and then not be able to get conference regs or undo changes I made. We don't have a Marketo Marketing Ops person at my company and I'm trying to learn from these discussions, but it's not intuitive to me and I need step-by-step help.

Kathy

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Then I don't think you should embark on this without a JS developer involved in the implementation stage. It requires technical savvy to get it right. After that, it runs itself.