SOLVED

How to show relevant experience to a lead - based on lead behaviour

Go to solution
Highlighted
Marketo Employee

How to show relevant experience to a lead - based on lead behaviour

Hi There,

Here is a used case:

I send out a Marketing email. A lead opens or clicks my email. The next time "that lead" who opened or clicked my email, goes to my website the next day, Say for example - "www.karanhari.com" . When the lead visits my website, I want to show a relevant experience (in the form of a "pop up" - Which is related to the email which that specific lead opened.

Point to be noted here is. Say there are 3 emails

Email A

Email B

Email C

each email would have a different relevant experience (a different Pop up) to be displayed to the specific lead, based on which email was opened.

My question or thoughts are:

a) If I use Web Personalization (a dialogue campaign or maybe a widget campaign), Given the fact that my website is on site-core, and I deploy the Marketo RTP tag on my site-core website, Is there a way, my Web Personalization campaigns can detect Email opens/Email clicks - based on which, the next time when the lead (who opened my email) visits my website/landing page, the Web Personalization campaign shows the relevant experience that was meant for that particular email that was opened or clicked?

I do understand that in order to run a Web Personalization campaign, first a web segment has to be defined. I have narrowed it down to - Whats depicted in the below snapshot. Still cant seem to narrow it down to "Open/Clicks" for a specific email.

pastedImage_2.png

b) Is there any other alternative in Marketo apart from using Web Personalization - to achieve this used case?

Best Always,

Karan Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to show relevant experience to a lead - based on lead behaviour

Hi Karan,

Another option you have is to add leads who open/click each email to a respective static list (email A opens/clicks added to static list A etc).

Then you can create 3 web personalisation campaigns, one for each experience theme and in the audience definition (segment) use the 'static list' filter.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Alexia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you stamped the interesting email-related activity onto a lead field (which you could append to so it holds a history of such interesting actions) you can read that field value into the page (using my cross-domain pre-fill code, o' course).

Then use that value to switch between different content using JS. Wouldn't be super easy to maintain for a large number of options, but would get this job done, certainly.

Using Clicked Email here is very questionable, though, as it could've been a mail scanner that did that click. You'll have to bear that risk.

Highlighted
Marketo Employee

Thanks Sanford!

Highlighted

Hi Karan,

Another option you have is to add leads who open/click each email to a respective static list (email A opens/clicks added to static list A etc).

Then you can create 3 web personalisation campaigns, one for each experience theme and in the audience definition (segment) use the 'static list' filter.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Alexia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marketo Employee

Hey Alexia,

Thanks a lot! This idea is really helpful.

Best Always,

Karan Hari