Eve_Yu
Level 2

How to set up the transition rule for Nurture Program

We plan to launch a nurture program, and here are the details: 

In the nurture program, there are 3 streams:

• Stream1: TOFU
  • Stream2: MOFU
  • Stream3: BOFU.

In each stream, there are several emails (currently, I set up as nested program), and now I have troubles when seting the transition rules. 

Stream1 (TOFU) - Base on the email clicks in the stream1 (TOFU), we will pass them to the specific email in Stream2 (MOFU). 

1. If email #1 in the stream1(TOFU) is clicked, pass them to Stream2 (MOFU), Email 1
  2. If email #2 in the stream1(TOFU) is clicked, pass them to Stream2 (MOFU), Email 3
  3. If email #3 in the stream1(TOFU) is clicked, pass them to Stream2 (MOFU), Email 5

The general transition rule for streams: 
1. If cadence in the stream1(TOFU) is finished with no engagement, move to Stream2 (MOFU), Email 1.
2. If cadence in the stream2 (MOFU) is finished with no engagement, move back to Stream1(TOFU). If Stream 1 is finished, move to Stream3.
3. If no engagement after 4 emails in the Stream3 (BOFU), send back to Stream2 (MOFU) (if not completed). If completed Stream2(MOFU) and Stream1(TOFU), continue with Stream3 (BOFU).

Could you please help me and let me know if we can achieve this and how? Thanks so much. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anita_Singh8
Level 2

Re: How to set up the transition rule for Nurture Program

Instead of using the transition rules, I recommend using smart campaigns to do all of this. You can have separate smart campaigns for each of the ways you would like to transition the leads to each stream. I wouldn't recommend going backwards for those that aren't engaging, rather have another Stream for Nurturing and add the best engaging emails from the previous streams to that. And hopefully they haven't received all the emails in the previous streams. If people aren't interacting with the emails in your streams you may want to change the cadence for the Nurturing stream as they aren't engaging and you want to not burden them as much as the other streams. 

Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Re: How to set up the transition rule for Nurture Program

When you say "move back" into a stream, does that mean they've gone through it previously? 

One thing to keep in mind about transition rules is you aren't "pushing" someone into a different stream, you're "pulling" them into it. So you'd want to build the first transition in Stream 2 and use logic to say that if someone exhausts all of the content in Stream 1, pull them into Stream 2. 

I agree with Anita though, I don't recommend sending someone back into another stream if they've exhausted the content. You could just use your transition rules logic to check for that. Pretty sure if you add someone to a stream they already exhausted, when the next run fires it will just put them back into exhausted status for that stream and not send them an email. 

Disclaimer: Trust no one, test everything!