Re: How to set up "real time" email campaigns?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set up "real time" email campaigns?

Per the way our outbound call center works and our database configs, "real time" for us is within the hour....

Here is what I am looking to achieve: When someone fills out a form (a non- marketo form), within 1 hour of them not booking an appointment I want to send them a triggered email. After email 1, if they have still not booked an appointment I will have 2 seqential emails that will be sent out the next few days. I have all the data/ fields in marketo to achieve this but I am having a difficult time adjusting the cadance to 1 hour as the soonest is 1 day.

Currently I have this campaign in place but rather than targeting by the hour, targeting by the day. Again, I am having an issue setting the cadance to hourly. The current program running is not set up through a  nurture campaign however, I think the earliest cadence is still an hour for nuture campaigns?

Thanks!

Emily Ohlhaver

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

in Smart Campaigns you can set a wait step to "1 hour".

02-07-2015 09-30-36.png

But I suppose you're talking about an Engagement Program's cadence, right? Sending emails via Engagement Program (EP) can happen in two ways: Adding an email to the EP or adding a program to the EP, while the latter is in fact a Smart Campaign. So create a Smart Campaign in the program your emails live in, add the wait step before the email send step and add that Smart Campaign to your EP.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I had to add the wait step and set it to 1 hour and also edit the qualification rules to run through ever 1 hour.

Thanks!