SOLVED

How to separate SFDC Users from SFDC Portal Users?

Go to solution
Brennan_McAdam2
Level 4

How to separate SFDC Users from SFDC Portal Users?

We have implemented portals within SFDC and as a result, Marketo seems to think that all users (regular and portal) are considered users.  Additionally, in our portal, the portal users can be set as a lead owner.  One issue of all of this is that when a lead alert is triggered and we send it to the owner, our portal user will receive the alert if they are the owner. 

Has anyone experienced this and how were you able to handle the mix of both regualr SFDC users and portal users?  Ideally, I would like to be able to supress the lead alerts if the assigned owner is not a standard SFDC user.
Brennan McAdams
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to separate SFDC Users from SFDC Portal Users?

We actually just encountered this issue ourselves! My understanding is that our IT team basically created anyone who is a portal user as a separate "user" (with Portal in front of their name). This makes it easy for us in Marketo, if we are doing a fairly manual assignment of leads, to make sure we are assigning to the not-a-portal-salesperson. We also use auto assignment rules in SFDC which they have configured so that portal owners do not own leads, I believe.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to separate SFDC Users from SFDC Portal Users?

We actually just encountered this issue ourselves! My understanding is that our IT team basically created anyone who is a portal user as a separate "user" (with Portal in front of their name). This makes it easy for us in Marketo, if we are doing a fairly manual assignment of leads, to make sure we are assigning to the not-a-portal-salesperson. We also use auto assignment rules in SFDC which they have configured so that portal owners do not own leads, I believe.