SOLVED

Re: How to run a batch looking back exactly 7 days ago

Go to solution
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Matt,

The best course of action here is to use the filter "in past 7 days". This will include those 7 days ago, but also those 3 or 4 days ago. So then you add an additional filter to exclude those "in past 6 days". This can be accomplished by creating a separate smart list ("In past 6 days") with the filter "in past 6 days". Then bring that "member of smart list: not in 'In past 6 days'" in as another filter along with "in past 7 days".

Essentially you are including all those in the past 7 days, but this smart list is going to exclude all those in the past 6 days, leaving only those exactly 7 days ago.

Matt_Rodriguez
Level 2

Hi Devraj,

Thank you, I think this is exactly what I needed. I have the batch running daily and used the 6 day exclusion list to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Best,

Matt

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Marketo tried to explain its own somewhat confusing language here:

Smart List Filter Operators Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

But actually the combination of

In past 7 days

AND

In past before 6 days

nails exactly today -7 days.

Matt_Rodriguez
Level 2

Hey Michael, I've seen that graphic before and had to reference it many times before I fully understood what the logic was doing. I wonder why they don't have an operator that simply says happened x days ago. They're already doing all the calculations for looking at that time range, seems silly.

gsende
Level 1

The Easiest way is to have 2 filters:

1. In past before 6 days

2. In past 8 days

That would basically give you all the people that their date is at least before 6 days AND the ones that have in the last 8 days = 7 days ago