SOLVED

Re: How to retire old email templates

Go to solution
James_Gunn
Level 2

How to retire old email templates

We are getting new email templates designed. I have 2 email templates that are used by 100s of emails. Once the new templates are in use I'd like to retire the old templates so that they cannot be selected when creating emails. What is the best way to do this?

From what I can see, before I can unapprove and archive or delete the old email template I want to retire I first need  to unapprove and delete any emails using the template.

Am I missing something? This wouldn't be practical given the number of emails we have in the system. Please advise a better way if you have one!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi James,

The simplest way is to archive them. Once done, no one will be able to select them for new emails. And archiving does not requires that you remove emails using them (unlike disapproval or deletion).

But unfortunately, you will never be able to prevent someone to clone an email using the old template and start editing it.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi James,

The simplest way is to archive them. Once done, no one will be able to select them for new emails. And archiving does not requires that you remove emails using them (unlike disapproval or deletion).

But unfortunately, you will never be able to prevent someone to clone an email using the old template and start editing it.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I archive old email templates?  Trying to find documentation and playing around in Marketo and I don't see that option.  Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

1. Go to design studio -> Landing Pages -> Templates.
  2. Create a folder. Name is zz-Archives or whatever you see fit
  3. right click the folder you just created and select "Convert to Archive Folder"
  4. then drag and drop in this folder the templates you want to archive

-Greg

Jennifer_Braath
Level 2

Hello,

What about retiring templates that are shared with another workspace? Can you archive in the same way as other templates? Shared templates have to be at the highest level in the template folder but I need to retire these as well (for both workspaces).

Thanks,
Jennifer