SOLVED

How to restrict which leads sync to Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to restrict which leads sync to Salesforce

Hi,

we will be rolling out Marketo in combination with Salesforce in multiple countries in phases. For a period of time, we will have some countries already on Marketo landing pages, but they will not yet be on Salesforce. We'd like for leads for those countries to NOT be automatically synced to Salesforce. I found in the documentation how I can restrict or edit sync options for custom objects based on filters/ constraints on fields but I am not finding anything about standard objects.

To clarify, I am not looking to restrict what comes from Salesforce into Marketo (I know I can do that with the Marketo salesforce user profile and role). I am trying to restrict what leads that get created in Marketo from a landing page do get synced to Salesforce. e.g. we have a field called "Sales country" and if = Germany for instance, then lead should be synced but if Austria then don't.

Am I right to understand that once the sync is enabled (as described in the documentation):  Enterprise/Unlimited Edition - Marketo Docs - Product Docs that this enabled bi-directional sync of standard objects? Or for anything coming from Marketo and supposed to go into Salesforce I need to add the lead to a smart campaign/ list/ flow to specifically say that is should sync to Salesforce? Trying to understand the relationship between global sync and what it covers vs what is set on the list/ campaign level.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to restrict which leads sync to Salesforce

Just a small addition to what Josh said. When you connect SFDC and Marketo, you are opening up the sync from SFDC to Marketo. In oder for records to go from Marketo to SFDC, you need to create at least one sync campaign. This campaign could trigger based on lead is created with a filter on country or any other parameter you choose.

Once you set up a Lead Lifecycle (Revenue Cycle Model), the sync could become part of the initial stages of the Model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

As long as the marketo user can see the usual things in SFDC, the sync will work.

On the marketo side, just say

Include Countries we want==>sync to SFDC.

that's all.

Leads will only sync on a direct/indirect action or if a Program is synced to an SFDC Campaign (so don't do that in this case).

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Just a small addition to what Josh said. When you connect SFDC and Marketo, you are opening up the sync from SFDC to Marketo. In oder for records to go from Marketo to SFDC, you need to create at least one sync campaign. This campaign could trigger based on lead is created with a filter on country or any other parameter you choose.

Once you set up a Lead Lifecycle (Revenue Cycle Model), the sync could become part of the initial stages of the Model.