SOLVED

How to report on same content used across different landing pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to report on same content used across different landing pages

Is there a way to report on how a particular piece of content is performing across landing pages? We have several programs that are using the same content pieces but had to clone each landing page to the particular program.  Is this the correct way to do this or are there better ways

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to report on same content used across different landing pages

Hi Dory,

Thank you very much for the reply.  Is it possible to create landing pages that do not exist with a particular program?  The query string makes sense (I am using that for our FB campaigns) but it seems I need to duplicate the landing page between program efforts.

Kenn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kenn, your best bet would be to create a single landing page and utilize URL parameters in your querystring. This way, when you have a campaign that is triggered by a form fillout, you can have a querystring constraint on that trigger. You might also considering populating hidden fields via the querystring, although this isn't always necessary. There are tons of threads/recommendations about this in the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

Thank you very much for the reply.  Is it possible to create landing pages that do not exist with a particular program?  The query string makes sense (I am using that for our FB campaigns) but it seems I need to duplicate the landing page between program efforts.

Kenn

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kenn, landing pages can live in the design studio so that they don't have to be associated with a specific program. One thing to make sure you do if you are housing your landing pages outside of a program, is to set the acquisition program via a smart campaign because it won't happen natively if the form/page are outside of the program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

That makes sense.  In what situation would you find creating a landing page at the program level more effective rather than leaving them in design studio. Do you feel in general its a best practice to have your landing pages in design studio?

Kenn

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

We actually structure things a bit differently. If there's a piece of content being advertised, then content download is the program channel. We track where they came from in separate lists within that program. Then we also have parent PPC (and other advertising) campaigns so that we can track successes there as well for period costs, ROI, etc.

I personally prefer to keep landing pages in their respective programs instead of the design studio, but obviously it depends on how you want to set things up.