SOLVED

How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

Here is my URL(removed identifying stuff): https://www.************.com/landing/wellbeing-adoption?utm_source=***-Wellness_1&utm_medium=Email&u...

This is the URL that is be displayed when I click on the CTA button: https://www.************.com/landing/wellbeing-adoption?utm_source=***-Wellness_1&utm_medium=Email&u...&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTm1Oa05XRXdabUkxTUdVdyIsInQiOiJIQzUyVVpnY3JPN1NWYlNBR2x6Y1VSSkhyZDlrc1pDQmlTNm10TDJ3Y1FqbngyVUZTZEE1b3RQOGxMYkQ2TUZtWkZzKzg0OFJCXC9MMGI1UEo4QlN5TEE9PSJ9

I can remove this when using the link editor while in a text box but I can't figure out how to drop it in the CTA button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

Just for reference of anyone else finding this thread -- the correct syntax to use is:

In the header:

<meta class="mktoBoolean" id="mktNoTok" mktoName="Disable Marketo Token?" default="false" false_value="" true_value="mktNoTok" false_value_name="NO" true_value_name="YES" mktoModuleScope="true">

In the body:

<a class="${mktNoTok}" href="xyz.com">Link</a>

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
JD_Nelson

Re: How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

There's a few different ways you could have coded this, and each will have a different solution. Can you provide some context to your 'CTA button'? Is it a module in Email Editor 2.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using the email editor and a Marketo template; I added a screen grab bellow.

pastedImage_1.png

JD_Nelson

I had to create another boolean variable field to change the "mktNoTok" value to True

Screenshot 2018-01-23 14.53.11.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing you had to edit the code to add that?

JD_Nelson

Yes - it's a template-level requirement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have not idea how to edit these templates without screwing everything up. Thank you for all your help!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The mkt_tok is critical for tracking. Without it, a person clicking a Marketo email will not have a Munchkin session associated with their lead -- they will remain anonymous.

Why exactly are you trying to remove this parameter?

JD_Nelson

I've had to add mktNoTok="true" class to some of my links, but that's only been when sending to a third party that doesn't support it (and it really isn't needed at that point anyway) -- but agreed, if this is all on the same domain seems peculiar to remove.

JD_Nelson

Just for reference of anyone else finding this thread -- the correct syntax to use is:

In the header:

<meta class="mktoBoolean" id="mktNoTok" mktoName="Disable Marketo Token?" default="false" false_value="" true_value="mktNoTok" false_value_name="NO" true_value_name="YES" mktoModuleScope="true">

In the body:

<a class="${mktNoTok}" href="xyz.com">Link</a>