How to reject a lead in Salesforce/Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to reject a lead in Salesforce/Marketo

Our CRM is Salesforce and Marketo currently sends "hot" leads directly to our sales people.  It then shows up in thier Sales Insight.  They have 5 days to accept the lead and convert it to a contact.  Once this happens, it goes from Marketing Qualified to Sales Accepted in Marketo.  My question is this:  what does the sales person do if it isnt a good lead at all?  Does anyone know how to "reject" a lead in Salesforce or is there another way of doing this?  I can set up the correct triggers in Marketo but I dont know how to handle this initially in Salesforce.  Also, is there a way to do this in Sales Insight?

Thoughts?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to reject a lead in Salesforce/Marketo

We set ours up with a couple things.  For a lead, we created a status of 'Send Back to Marketing' that enrolls them back where they were in a engagement program or drip.  We also created a checkbox that can either read 'bad lead' or 'no marketing efforts' that triggers the suspended marketing in Marketo.  You could couple that with a workflow to change the status to bad lead.  Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is entirely up to you with regard to how you set this up. We also uses status to determine actions. We have things like Accepted, Accepted-Nurture, Rejected, Rejected-Suspended all of which are used to determine how we treat them in Marketo. You can figure this any way that makes sense for your organization. You can add these options in SFDC and build out the logic in Marketo. Best of luck, Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are great suggestions.  Thank you!  Am I correct in that this cannot be done from Sales Insight?  The sales person has to go into the actual lead record in Salesforce to accept/reject in whatever process we set up?