SOLVED

How to put multiple marketo lead tokens in payload for MS teams incoming Webhook integration

Go to solution
nmurakam
Level 1

How to put multiple marketo lead tokens in payload for MS teams incoming Webhook integration

I have issue to put multiple Marketo tokens in MS teams incoming webhook payload.

Does some help me how to create payload message -json for MS teams bot integration with Marketo ?

As for the text only message payload is OK. But when I put Marketo token in the payload message in

MS teams Webhook setup.

here is sample payload with text only - this is OK

{
  "title": "title",
  "text": "this is text"
}

Here is another payload with single token - this is OK

{
"title": "Form Submission",
"text": "{{lead.Last Name}} this is test."
}

Would you please tell me how to create payload with multiple lead tokens of marketo ?

We'd like to put those lead tokens.

- {{lead.Last Name}}, {{Lead.Fast Name}}, {{company.Company Name}}, {{Lead. xxxx}}

thanks,

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to put multiple marketo lead tokens in payload for MS teams incoming Webhook integration

It isn't OK with even a single token inside the quotation marks! That's going to create to broken JSON when characters need to be encoded (and you must have JSON encoding chosen).

The only valid values for a key are:

1. a static JSON string

{
  "key" : "value"
}

2. a single token, not quoted, with Marketo doing the encoding:

{
  "key" : {{lead.field}}
}

If you want to have multiple lead fields contribute to a single JSON value, you need to create a separate custom String field, then use a flow step to concatenate the fields, e.g.

Change Data Value

field

Teams Invitation Text

value

{{lead.Last Name}}, {{Lead.Fast Name}}, {{company.Company Name}}, {{Lead. xxxx}}

Then use that token in the webhook:

{
  "key" : {{lead.Teams Invitation Text}}
}

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to put multiple marketo lead tokens in payload for MS teams incoming Webhook integration

It isn't OK with even a single token inside the quotation marks! That's going to create to broken JSON when characters need to be encoded (and you must have JSON encoding chosen).

The only valid values for a key are:

1. a static JSON string

{
  "key" : "value"
}

2. a single token, not quoted, with Marketo doing the encoding:

{
  "key" : {{lead.field}}
}

If you want to have multiple lead fields contribute to a single JSON value, you need to create a separate custom String field, then use a flow step to concatenate the fields, e.g.

Change Data Value

field

Teams Invitation Text

value

{{lead.Last Name}}, {{Lead.Fast Name}}, {{company.Company Name}}, {{Lead. xxxx}}

Then use that token in the webhook:

{
  "key" : {{lead.Teams Invitation Text}}
}