Re: How to populate Dynamics CRM look up field value from Marketo.?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to populate Dynamics CRM look up field value from Marketo.?

Hello Expert,

I am unable to populate Dynamics look up field(Company/contact) with synced Company/contact value from Marketo using smart campaign.

Can some one guide me how can I achieve this.?

Thanks in Advance,

Amritesh

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amritesh,

You might post/copy this question to the MS Dynamics Virtual User Group

Can you please be more explicit of what you want to do ? Screenshots of the smart campaign flow steps would be more practical.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoie,

I want to create Lead with lookup value in Dynamics CRM with specific record(synced with Marketo) from Marketo.

I am using smart campaign flow for creation of lead, whenever End user submit their details from web page.

Let me know, if you need more information.

Thanks,

Amritesh

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You will need to add the proper GUID for the lookup fields. That can be pretty painful. As a result, some of our customers have created some web services in Dynamics and some Webhooks in Marketo that call these web service.

the web service takes as an input the label or value of the lookup record and returns the GUID.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried with GUID, which has existed in Dynamics for testing purpose, but it doesn't set up in lookup filed in Dynamics.

Below are the screen shot, could you advise me, where am I missing valuable steps?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

However, these guid (s) are populated in Marketo but it is not in Dynamics.

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Amritesh

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If the fields are indeed lookups and the GUID are correct for your MSD instance, that should work, your CDV flow steps are correct.

The other possibility for this to not working is because you are not allowed to these 2 fields from Marketo, either because of your rights or because they are blocked by the system itself.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I considered your suggestions, But I have Administrative right in both system, meanwhile I can create record with text field values, but whenever I take the lookup field, it is not going to save.

I still confused that what's the mean of the system blocked? Please elaborate your answer.  

Thanks,

Amritesh