Re: How to make sure people can't be in the same nurture twice

Kaitlyn_Nelson2
Level 2

How to make sure people can't be in the same nurture twice

Hi there, 

I'm wondering how I can make sure that people can't get put into the same nurture twice?  We have a campaign launching that will flow people into an existing nurture if they registered for a demo, but I don't know if some people might have already been in that nurture before?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Whatever trigger you're using to add people to the nurture program (my example is using "Activity is Logged"), add another filter that confirms the user is not already a member of your engagement program like this: 

2019-10-25_15-58-02.png

Also - If they already went through your nurture program and your email assets haven't changed, they won't qualify to get those emails again anyway. By design in an engagement program, email assets will only ever be sent 1 time to a contact. However, if you create NEW assets or emails and swap those out or add them to the stream, the contact would qualify for those new assets. 

Kaitlyn_Nelson2
Level 2

Thank you! That was incredibly helpful 

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Awesome, good luck! If my response answered your question, please feel free to mark it as the correct answer so the thread is marked as "answered" in the community!  Thanks so much!

Kaitlyn_Nelson2
Level 2

Actually- I have one more question. If someone was already in this nurture, say in stream 1, and I have a campaign requesting that if a certain form is filled out then those contacts get placed in stream 2. If someone was already in this nurture, but in a different stream would it move them to the new stream or would they be skipped?

Does that make sense?

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

That filter is only looking for member of the program as a whole (i.e. they've already been added before).  In your scenario and someone had already been in Stream 1, do you want them to qualify for Stream 2, or no? You can add a constraint to the filter to look for people who are members of a specific stream as well, but if you DON'T want them added to Stream 2 if they're already in Stream 1, what I sent above will work. If you DO want them to qualify for 2, you should add another constraint.