Re: How to make sure Campaign Owner, Geo, Cost are populated?

Milena_Volkova
Level 2

How to make sure Campaign Owner, Geo, Cost are populated?

How can I make sure that every time a new campaign is created, certain fields such as Campaign Owner, Geo, Cost are populated? Right now a third party creates campaigns in Marketo, and after that the campaign owner has to go into SFDC and make all these changes, which they don't always do, which throws off our reports. In SFDC I can make these fields on Campaign mandatory, but what can I do on the Marketo side to make it easier? If I simply make those fields mandatory on the SFDC side, then records will not be sync'ing, so there has to be a better way. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by Campaign created? Are you talking about Samart Campaign? Can you give an example?

Milena_Volkova
Level 2

An example of a marketing campaign can be a webinar or trade show or content or email campaign. It is a smart campaign and is created in Marketo and then syncs over to SFDC. Is that not a standard process? Unfortunately Marketo does not allow to enter the owner name and some other fields at the time of creation so in SFDC it looks like the campaign is owned by Marketo and other important fields are empty.

Milena Volkova

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It is a smart campaign and is created in Marketo and then syncs over to SFDC. Is that not a standard process?

Not as written, because it's Marketo Programs that can be automatically synced to SFDC Campaigns. Not Marketo (Smart) Campaigns.

Marketo Smart Campaigns can have flow steps that effectively create a manual sync to SFDC Campaigns, but that's not the same feature.

Anyway, assuming you're asking about the automatic Program sync: no, you can't force those fields to be created from (let alone on) the Marketo side.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Touched on here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/212923-re-can-i-sync-a-custom-campaign-object-field?commentID=212... 

That's for a single field. 

For multiple, you'd have to implement a syntax-like format, e.g. XML

then you can write string manipulating logic to extract the values and populate the custom fields using process builder

Milena_Volkova
Level 2

That's helpful, thanks.