How to make simple prepopulated form fields for a first outbound campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make simple prepopulated form fields for a first outbound campaign

Hi, 
We are currently working on a customer environment and are planning on launching an Outbound Email campaign in order to validate contact data from our customer's data base and do some serious clean-up. We've seen some cases where the email link landed on a page with a Marketo form already prepopulated with the data. In those cases, if the data is correct, the receiver will only need to press the "Confirm my data" button. If any field needs change, the user can do that and the new field will be updated both in Marketo and in the client's CRM. To encourage participation, our customer rewards users with a goodie. Up until now I've only been able to track some post in the community that involve Javascript and other custom solutions to make that prepopulation work.

My question: can someone please describe an easy "for Dummies" way to get this first form filled so we facilitate the job to the end users? No need to say I am no Web Developer, but if it can get done with some nice instructions, I can take my chances.

All the best!!! And thanks in advance for your help!!
Mario
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to make simple prepopulated form fields for a first outbound campaign

By the way, adding up to my previous enquiry, I have a related one. How does Marketo work out delivering an individual navigation experience to each recipient? In other words, how will the different users be discriminated and identified separately from one another? Unique URL links? Munchkin? It's just that I would like to have the process clear in my mind.

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to make simple prepopulated form fields for a first outbound campaign

Hey Mario,

You are correct, Marketo gives each Lead it's own munchkin code that is tracked on landing pages, emails, and links clicked. 

It is my understanding that when you send the email, each Lead who does not have a munchkin code will be given one at this time. All you need to do is make sure the Form Prefill option is selected and you should be good to go. It sounds like it is by your example, but to ensure that it is, go to:

Admin -> Landing Pages -> Edit Settings -> Form Prefill -> Make sure it is checked

As with everything in Marketo, I would test first. Create a dummy record for yourself (maybe a personal email address, but completely delete yourself from the system first if you are in there), send yourself the email, and see if the information is pre-populated. 

Let me know how it goes!