Re: How to locate a snippet used in an LP?

Sarin_Nair1
Level 2

How to locate a snippet used in an LP?

Hi All,

I have an LP with a snippet on it, if I don't know the name of the snippet , is there any way we can locate the snippet as in where exactly it is stored in Marketo? In case of images we can get the name from page source but with snippets even that is not possible..

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Sarin Nair​,

i would suggest you to go to Design Studio and then to Snippet subset , you might find the number of created snippets there click on any one then on the right hand you will find Used you find the LP's there.

Sarin_Nair1
Level 2

I was wondering is there any other way ?

Going to design studio and then clicking on the snippet one by one would consume a lot of time if there are a number of snippets. I thought there might be some other solution ...Thanks Ravi for your reply !

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Sarin Nair​,

There is one more way to do that if you open the LP in edit draft mode then on the right hand side you can find if there is any snippet included or not and from there you can get the name of it.

Let me know if this works

Sarin_Nair1
Level 2

@Ravi : That works only  when the snippet has not been renamed...if someone has renamed it for e.g: "snippet 1"...Is there any way, we can track down its original name in Marketo?

Sarin_Nair1
Level 2

Finally found a way....Open the page on the browser ,  right click on the snippet --> select inspect element--->find the div element containing the snippet and the class associated with that.

Eg: <div id ="123" class="lpeCElement abc" >

The text just after  'lpeCElement' will be the name of the snippet, in this case it would be "abc".