SOLVED

Re: How to integrate Facebook ads with Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to integrate Facebook ads with Marketo

Hi everyone, I looked and couldn't find a specific post about this. Basically I am trying to figure out if there is a way to integrate Facebook ads that we are already running with Marketo. I'm not referring to using a lead capture form. These are basic ads we have set up on Facebook to track conversions and clicks to the website. Is there a way to integrate this with Marketo so Marketo can show uwhich leads are coming from our Facebook ads? Or do we have to enable some sort of lead capture form first? Any info would be great! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

It's pretty simple thankfully! Here's how we did it:

pastedImage_0.png

Just update the querystring section to fit each ad, or create parameters for a general group of ads. I talked to one person who just had general AdWords tracking which is an easy place to start. Here's the flow:

pastedImage_1.png

You'll probably want to create a program channel (Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs_​) for advertising if you don't have one yet so you can track specific landmarks each leads reaches. Then you can track all kinds of ads (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) in a comparable way as well and see which ad channels perform the best, etc.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rachel_Noble

Can you use tracking parameters in your URL?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you need to use UTM codes with your facebook ads that indicate which ad it is.  Then in Marketo you create a program that tracks visits to web pages with that UTM code in the URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! We are using UTMs to track our Facebook ads in Google Analytics, so that should be easy enough. Right now I only have Admin access in our client's Marketo account, so we have requested editing access. Once I'm in, is this an easy set up? Do you know of any articles or posts about how to do this? Thank you again!

Rachel_Noble

It's pretty simple thankfully! Here's how we did it:

pastedImage_0.png

Just update the querystring section to fit each ad, or create parameters for a general group of ads. I talked to one person who just had general AdWords tracking which is an easy place to start. Here's the flow:

pastedImage_1.png

You'll probably want to create a program channel (Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs_​) for advertising if you don't have one yet so you can track specific landmarks each leads reaches. Then you can track all kinds of ads (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) in a comparable way as well and see which ad channels perform the best, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. Once we have editing access I will take a look and see if any other questions come up, but hopefully it will be straightforward. Thanks again!

Rachel_Noble

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions - happy to help!

Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Excellent info, Rachel! Is this method preferable to adding hidden fields on a form which collect UTM code detail? Or is that an entirely different process altogether? I'm just diving into this and am looking for all of the information I can get.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I have not use query string parameters, rather pass the utm paramters through the form as hidden fields.