How to increase lead score for known lead without form submission

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to increase lead score for known lead without form submission

We recently took advantage of the Forms 2.0 feature where you can serve up custom HTML to known leads rather than having them fill out a form again:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHAZCA4

However, I use form completion as both a trigger and a smartlist filter, and now I can no longer use that with confidence.

I want to be able to accurately and easily track how many downloads a certain piece of content had and I want to be able to increase a lead's score every time he downloads a piece of content (prior to this, we had a trigger campaign triggered off form completion).

Any recommendations on how to solve? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to increase lead score for known lead without form submission

Hey Joanna,
If someone clicks the "Download" or Submit button when they return to the form and download the content from the custom HTML, Marketo will still record a "Fills out Form" activity.

So all your downloads shold still be correctly tracked.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will,

I just opened an incognito window in Chrome to test this behavior. I filled out one form, and that activity was captured. I then went to another form, and was served up the Download button for the second form. I clicked the button, accessed the content.
I then went into the Marketo lead database and looked up the test lead, and the second form activity didn't record a "Fills out Form" activity for that download. and the trigger which increases lead score for every form fillout didn't increase my lead score.

Should I fill out a support ticket?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go ahead and create a support case. From my testing the download button should still record a form fill.

Best,
Will