How to import and integrate a landing page on Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to import and integrate a landing page on Marketo?

I want to integrate my external Landing page with Marketo and put all my leads on Marketo through it. My website is on wordpress and I am creating a landing page for downloading the white papers. I want people to give in their information which I want to end up on Marketo.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Re: How to import and integrate a landing page on Marketo?

Hi Umair,

We're also using a 3rd party for our website and landing pages (Wordpress and Unbounce). When you create a form, you have the option of capturing the embed code:

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 6.12.22 PM.png

When you click "Embed Code" you get a script of the form to place directly in Wordpress.

e.g. (with some info changed):

<script src="//app-ab##.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_####"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-ab07.marketo.com", "###-XXX-###", ####);</script>

The one issue you'll run into is when creating a form, Marketo wants you to choose what should happen after someone fills it out. In order to keep from having to create one form for every action, you can add a line to the script and override the next page path.

e.g.:

<script src="//app-ab##.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_####"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-ab07.marketo.com", "###-XXX-###", ####, function(form){

//Add an onSuccess handler

form.onSuccess(function(values, followUpUrl){

//Take the lead to a different page on successful submit, ignoring the form's configured followUpUrl.

location.href = "http://nextpage.com";

//return false to prevent the submission handler continuing with its own processing

return false;

});

});

</script>

Lastly, make sure you have your munchkin tracking code on each page so you can track and log activities in Marketo!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to import and integrate a landing page on Marketo?

Thanks a lot Scott. I got your point on it.

Just wanted to ask another question. I read here that we can track leads using Custom (third party) forms as well. 3rd point on this (Lead Tracking (Munchkin) » Marketo Developers)

Can you please help me if you know how we can do that. Would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks.