SOLVED

How to import an email recipient list w/o creating duplicates?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to import an email recipient list w/o creating duplicates?

I have a csv file that contains every lead's email address and language preference, and I need to send an email to leads whose language preference is English. 

Since all the leads are already in my Marketo database with corresponding first name... I want to import the list of English-speaking lead into Marketo, have the leads' first names synced to the email addresses, so that I can send an email to these leads using the {{lead.First Name}} token in my email greeting. 

How do I do that? If I import the csv file it will create duplicate acccounts, right? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to import an email recipient list w/o creating duplicates?

Hey Elicia,
Marketo dedupes off of Email Address. So if a list import includes email addresses that already exist in your database, Marketo will not create duplicates. It will just update the existing lead with the other information contained in the CSV. So a list import will update the lead's first name to whatever is in your CSV.

Will

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Elicia,
Marketo dedupes off of Email Address. So if a list import includes email addresses that already exist in your database, Marketo will not create duplicates. It will just update the existing lead with the other information contained in the CSV. So a list import will update the lead's first name to whatever is in your CSV.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh great! Thank you for the quick response! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Happy to help, Elicia.