How to identify which campaign added lead to a static list in marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to identify which campaign added lead to a static list in marketo

Hi,

We have a scenario where multiple campaigns are using same static list and writing a lead segment into this list everyday.

Is there a way to identify which campaign added leads into the static list and when?

Thanks,

Waqas

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to identify which campaign added lead to a static list in marketo

Hi Waqas Raja

Related to your question,I think Marketo has a few bugs.

Marketo "Add to List" activity data has Campaign ID and name.

Exapmle

Activity data (Type 24)

{"id":143810,"marketoGUID":"143810","leadId":1010900,"activityDate":"2017-08-15T03:18:51Z","activityTypeId":24,"campaignId":2629,"primaryAttributeValueId":1783,"primaryAttributeValue":"20170815 List.My Static List","attributes":[{"name":"Campaign","value":"20170815 List.Group B SC"}]},

But we can not set "Was Added to List" filter with the campaign constraint at SmartList.

bug1.png

"Add to List" Activity Detail is strange fields also.

bug2.png

REST API "Activity Description" returns below. (similar to SmartList)

{"id":24,"name":"Add to List","description":"Add a person/record to a list",

"primaryAttribute":{"name":"List ID","dataType":"integer"},

"attributes":[

{"name":"Source","dataType":"string"}

]}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to identify which campaign added lead to a static list in marketo

Thanks Takehiro Masaki

I think ActivityID-24 would do this and I have verified that I can pull CampaignID which added the leads to that static list.

One downside though - I have a campaign that has waves and I want to identify the wave number of each campaign that had added lead to the static list, this I can't do directly as we only get CampaignID and we can't attach any user defined field in campaign execution that would tell us which wave ran and added lead to list.

Is there a way to attach custom campaign metadata in campaign execution and then pull that back when we get activity data?