How to get interesting moments to show in duplicate lead sales Insight area in SFDC

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

How to get interesting moments to show in duplicate lead sales Insight area in SFDC

hi there
So, i learned how to create duplicate leads (add to queue smart campaign) but when i add an interesting moment to the campaign flow the original contact gets the interesting moment in Sales Insight but the newly created duplicate lead does
not.

i tried a separate smart campaign with just interesting moment flow step for that activity (fillign out a particular form) but still no interesting moment shows on duplicate lead.

the purpose of having duplicate leads created is to use SFDC the way it was intended and having sales be allowed to get a new lead for each "hand raise" versus having to check both lead and contact views for moments. also reporting in SFDC is much kinder when working with leads/just one bucket

ideas? I never get responses from the community but thought i would try again.

thanks a bunch!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to get interesting moments to show in duplicate lead sales Insight area in SFDC

I'd rather see you use a New Task for a hand raise than create duplicates, but if that's working for you...

Unfortunately because you have dupes, Marketo has to choose a record. And it will only choose the record that matches the behavior trigger or smart list. Just because it has a dupe email address means nothing....they are effectively different records with different ID #s.

So if your leads "bob@company.com" has 1 Lead and 1 contact he may have a munchkin cookie tagged to his Contact ID and Email Address.

If he clears his cookies and signs in again, he may get tagged to the Lead or the Contact. I never did find out how Marketo chooses. I'm fairly sure the OLDER record gets preference.

The next step is if your Interesting Moment fires off when Bob signs up for a webinar. That can only be tagged to one record. The other record never qualified for that Interesting Moment campaign, even if the email is the same.

Likewise, let's say the dupe has several fields filled in, the Contact is missing Industry. So you send an email to all records with Industry = Construction. Bob's Lead record gets the email. He has no idea he has a dupe. When he clicks on that email, he's now tagged with the Lead ID instead of the Contact's ID. So you'll now see his behavior on the Lead.

When you convert the Lead and merge with the existing Contact, all that data will be joined together.

So if you are creating dupes, you'll never have all of this in one place.
Catherine_Caran
Level 2

Re: How to get interesting moments to show in duplicate lead sales Insight area in SFDC

I think we might be experiencing a related issue. When we have a lead in SalesForce, the interesting moments are captured in the Sales Insight area but then when we convert that lead to a contact - the previous interesting moments disappear. Is this a setting that needs to be changed? Ideally - any interesting moments will carry through to the contact once the lead is converted.

Thanks!
Catherine