How to get company logo/avatar to show up in inboxes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get company logo/avatar to show up in inboxes?

Hi,

We're trying to get our company/product logo show up next to our company information in the emails we broadcast (From name, subject, pre-header etc). If you use Gmail you'll notice the little "avatar" image usually to the left of the email, this is where we would like our product logo to show. When you send an email from your personal inbox this is easy to fix as you just upload a profile picture, but is there a way to use your company logo here instead and to use that in all emails going to from Marketo?

Since Marketo does not integrate with G+, I was wondering if anyone here has encountered this as well and found a way to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to get company logo/avatar to show up in inboxes?

Hi Jesper,

Use a gmail address as your sender address and gmail will display whatever if the profile photo of the sender in any receiving gmail mailbox. If you want this to be your logo, just make sure that this sender gmail profile uses your logo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback Grégoire.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jesper,

This is an interesting question and one that I had been thinking about today. Litmus actually published a very interesting study that goes over some of the big changes to mail clients this year. We haven't yet implemented this, so I can't verify how it works, but this is what Litmus had to say about getting a picture to show up in Gmail for your business email:

Set a Google+ profile picture.

The sender image is pulled from your company’s verified Google+ profile. If you haven’t created one, now might be a good time to set one up. For senders that don’t have a verified Google+ profile, the logo portion of the message is the first letter of your from name in a sans-serif font.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback Andre.