SOLVED

How to find what campaign a form is linked to

Go to solution
dmedua
Level 1

How to find what campaign a form is linked to

Hi everyone,

I hope y'all are doing well!

I just joined a new company and I'm having trouble finding out where the information is going from a form that is embedded on our website. I looked up the form id in our instance and found it, but I'm not seeing that the form is being "used by" anything. 

Could y'all help me figure out how to find out where an embedded form is being linked to and tracked when starting from viewing the form from within the design studio?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to find what campaign a form is linked to

My issue, however, is that there is nothing under the "Used By" tab

Note this is normal for an embedded form that (as Michael and Katja note) is not explicitly used in a Smart Campaign. Used by will show the Marketo LPs on which a named form is used; it will never show the 3rd-party pages on which an embedded form is used.

Also, as the others say, the data is always being recorded.

If you don't see any activities other than Filled Out Form itself in the Activity Log, that suggests — but doesn't 100% confirm — that your predecessor never got around to setting up a follow-up flow.  The reason it's not a real confirmation is (like Katja said) there could be a separate campaign that generically looks for form fillouts. I'd add that there could be campaigns acting on Program membership. This is why documentation is crucial!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hey,

Go to form and at the right side you'll have the option of used by as per below snippet. 

Abhinav_saini_0-1607614213362.png

Also, there is other work around by submitting form it self and check your activities in lead activity. 

Abhinav Saini
dmedua
Level 1

Hi @Abhinav_saini ,

Thank you for the response! My issue, however, is that there is nothing under the "Used By" tab. As in it says it isn't being used by anything. And when I have submitted the form myself and checked my activities the only campaign that it says it is linked to is one that simply scores me up for filling a form. No smart campaign or program linked to it, which leads me to believe that anyone who has been filling the form isn't having their information stored or saved anywhere.

Would that be the correct assessment to make?

I also created a smart list to view anyone who has filled out the form in the past year and it only pulled up a handful of names from the past 2 days.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'm not 100% certain I understand this, but let me say something anyway. 🙂

If you don't see anything in the "Used By" tab, your form is not _specifically_ tied to any Smart Campaign. If you are using processes that listen to "Submitted Form is Any" that would include your form, although you're not seeing it.

But even if that form is not used anywhere, that doesn't mean it doesn't store data. If there's an email address field on that form, that email address is saved and an existing record is being updated or a new one created. That is an inherent feature of a Marketo form.

I'd just submit that form with a new email address and search for that address in your database.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You are absolutely right Michael, the information on the form will be processed. However I presume the person fills out the form wants something from you in response (receive a whitepaper, be contacted, register for an event, ...) and that is simply not happening. So the question is what are you promising on the webpage that a person fills out the form for and see if you can find any related program in Marketo for that purpose. The reference to the form should have been somewhere in there and seems to be missing.

SanfordWhiteman

My issue, however, is that there is nothing under the "Used By" tab

Note this is normal for an embedded form that (as Michael and Katja note) is not explicitly used in a Smart Campaign. Used by will show the Marketo LPs on which a named form is used; it will never show the 3rd-party pages on which an embedded form is used.

Also, as the others say, the data is always being recorded.

If you don't see any activities other than Filled Out Form itself in the Activity Log, that suggests — but doesn't 100% confirm — that your predecessor never got around to setting up a follow-up flow.  The reason it's not a real confirmation is (like Katja said) there could be a separate campaign that generically looks for form fillouts. I'd add that there could be campaigns acting on Program membership. This is why documentation is crucial!

dmedua
Level 1

Ah ok, this all helps everyone thank you!

@SanfordWhiteman or anyone else, if I created a smart list that with that filters in anyone who is filled out this embedded form over the past year or so, then that should capture everyone who has filled out the form in that time period, right? Like would there be any scenario where it wouldn't capture everyone?

SanfordWhiteman

if I created a smart list that with that filters in anyone who is filled out this embedded form over the past year or so, then that should capture everyone who has filled out the form in that time period, right? Like would there be any scenario where it wouldn't capture everyone?

It wouldn't capture people who have since been deleted!

dmedua
Level 1

If that's only case, then that smart list should be a big help with working this all out. 

Thank y'all so much! Much appreciated!